What does a coach do?
A coach supports a client to achieve his or her desired outcome. In this supportive position, a coach serves many roles such as:
Confident, sounding board, motivator, wake-up call,
mirror, challenger, champion, accountability voice,
lighthouse during a storm, fresh objective eyes.
With each use of any given role, a coach has these general objectives:
- Create a safe environment for the client to see him or herself more clearly.
- Ask for more intentional thought, actions, and behavior changes than the client would have done on his or her own.
- Help bring clarity to desired outcomes.
- Identify gaps between where the client is and where he or she wants to be.
- Co-create action steps and plans with the client.
- Provide direct communication and observations.
- Help the client navigate barriers or obstacles.
- Manage progress with structure, accountability, and support.
Are you ready to consider coaching?